Here’s 5 marriage resolutions you can start working on today!!
- Spend more quality time together. One of the best ways you can do this is by committing to a regular date night with your spouse. This means you’ll have to sit down together to do some scheduling and planning. Take turns planning your “dates” and remember … these don’t need to be elaborate or expensive! Take a walk or go out for a cup of coffee together. Plan activities that will get you out of your regular space and routine so you can focus on one another and have time to talk and to connect emotionally.
- Encourage your spouse more. Too often we take each other for granted by expecting our spouses to be doing all the good and nice things they do for us. Resolve to be quick in complementing your spouse for all the positive things you see and experience in your marriage because of who he or she is!
- Grow more spiritually. Discipleship and marriage go together. It takes your demonstrating the unconditional love of God to make your marriage work and to keep it together. So, when we grow in our relationship with God … we have the power to deepen our relationships with our spouses. If you struggle with connecting spiritually … visit our website to get a tool to help you get started called the 10 Minute Miracle.
- Get more physical. Touch, flirt, hug and enjoy times of physical intimacy together. Make your marriage sizzle. Research suggests that a healthy love-life most often equals a healthy marriage. A wise couple will make the time to do this … the foolish one will just wish there was more time for this to happen.
- Resolve conflicts quickly. Don’t let unresolved issues continue to fester and infect your marriage. Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath. Don’t bring up issues from the past … and be slow to speak and quick to listen. Finally, be ready to freely forgive just as you have been freely forgiven. Marriage is made up of two imperfect people. We all make mistakes … so become generous in extending grace and forgiveness.
You can find more information about all of these topics at http://www.fantheflamedates.com
Our marriage intensives are more than a couple’s weekend retreat. They are intimate, personalized coaching sessions designed to help you identify and address your specific needs. Intensives are more powerful than one hour counseling sessions because they keep you both focused on your issues for an extended period of time. You will receive over 15 hours of personalized counseling, coaching and marriage building exercises that will fan the flame of your marriage back to life.
– Jan. 15-17, 2016 (Black Rock Retreat) Lancaster, Pa
– Feb. 26-28, (Sandy Cove) Md
– March 18-20, (Sandy Cove) Md
2 Tickets Left … Grab ’em for Valentine’s Day!!